Medical Management Operations Manager
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Our Medical Management Team is at the center of Devoted Health Plan’s commitment to providing superior clinical support to our members. The team handles functions ranging from utilization management to disease and high risk case management. We need an Operations Manager to help the Operations Lead and our team to run smoothly while gaining momentum to take on expanded enrollment in the years to come.
Responsibilities will include:
- Practice Operations
- Reporting & Communication - creating technical dashboards, documenting periodic reports, and managing stakeholder communications to our stakeholders
- Product support - ensuring that operational needs are well communicated and documented in JIRA for product. ID’ing and prioritizing feature specific enhancements
- Process Support - Ensuring consistency and standardization of process across multiple geographies including Standard Operating Procedure development and oversight
- Compliance Support - Jumping into various compliance related activities to ensure that our processes are in strict regulatory adherence
- Daily Operations - Assist with UM intake and notification work as well as disease and case management specific operational implementation
- Support a scrappy, positive, quality-committed team culture
- Cross Team Partnership
- Engage with cross health team partners including Product, Process Improvement, and Data Science, as well as local clinical guide teams and Devoted Medical Group colleagues
- Clinical Guide Support
- Ensure our Clinical Guide workflows are seamless, efficient and allow our folks to work at the top of their license
- Train clinical guides on our platforms and workflows,
- Manage to metrics - understand practice priorities, track best practice adherence and work with underperformers to improve performance
- Communicate frequently with team members and leadership; ensure all follow up tasks are closed out
Attributes to success:
- You're an entrepreneurial self-starter able to help take a new house-call business from it’s early stages to a multi-state organization supporting thousands of patients
- You have excellent attention to detail and follow through, ensuring no patient’s need gets left behind
- You excel at solving complex problems but you’re also very happy to make a “to do” list, roll up your sleeves, and get these tasks done
- You are aware of what you know and are able to ask for help when you don’t
- You have a passion for making healthcare better; supporting the delivery of care that we would want for your own family members
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization
- You are committed to continuous improvement, and live by the credo “practice makes better”
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast-paced environment
- Relentless attention to detail in managing follow ups for our patients
- 5+ years professional experience in Operations
- Skills to manage process adherence and excellence.
- Analytics skills including google sheets and (ideally) SQL.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders (patients, colleagues, and clinicians outside the organization) from a variety of backgrounds, organizational levels and cultures
- Willingness to travel occasionally to our other US sites (under 20%)
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.