Senior Support Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Our Senior Support Engineers dig into nearly every aspect of technical life at Devoted.
You’ll make sure our computers and software never stand between Devoted staff and getting the job done. You’ll also be scaling the business. From rolling out new communications platforms, to purchasing and installing audio visuals and managing a cloud based security system, this role will cover a wide range of technology. You’ll improve the tech lives of all types of users, from health care domain experts to tech-savvy software engineers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting internal tools Google (Suite) Workspace, Slack, Talkdesk, and Atlassian Suite. We also will be growing our toolbox to expand beyond these tools, as the team grows quickly.
- We are a Chromebook + Macbook shop. You won’t find MS Active Directory here and we manage our Macs using JAMF NOW.
- Manage the technical onboarding for new employees, improving the process as we add dozens of new hires in the coming months.
- Document everything in Confluence along the way.
- During 2020, we shifted to work from home. Into 2021, we will be building an office in town and will need to both build out, and support this.
Required skills and experience:
- You are a great communicator, out loud and in writing. This might look like clear and concise messages in Slack or a two-page user guide. Talking with all types of people energizes you, whether it’s explaining how technical things work or helping someone discover a new Google Workspace feature that makes their lives easier.
- You’re a skilled problem solver. You can figure out why someone’s multi-factor login isn’t working, or decide when a small office needs a network upgrade and make it happen.
- You have rolled out systems end to end; from purchasing to scale.
- You work well in a busy environment, prioritizing so the right work gets done and following complex problems through to the end.
- You have a deep technical background to build on, which might include Linux command line experience, managing software for an office full of users, or basic computer programming.
- You will be willing to climb a ladder, lift up to 40 pounds, and install new hardware in the facility.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.