Community Guide (South Florida)
Miami-Dade, FL /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Community Guides are key members of Devoted’s comprehensive care teams. As a Community Guide, you will serve our members as an advocate - working with members and their caregivers to identify and reduce non-clinical barriers to care. You will develop personalized plans to get members the care they need to sustain a certain quality of life and support them to achieve this plan. You will learn a lot about the community environment and how it supports (or doesn’t support) the members’ needs. Based on your local expertise, you will use social services and community programs to support our members in the best way possible.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish trust and build strong relationships with our members
- Create personalized care plans for members tailored to members’ needs
- Identify and catalog available community or national resources (i.e., transportation, financial, food, medication discounts, support groups)
- Connect members to community services and follow up to ensure those services were received
- Help members (especially low income members) get the resources/care they need by helping them apply for eligible government benefits and programs
- Work with family members/caregivers to help them in understanding the member’s needs and how they can be supportive
- Conduct home visits or calls to members
- Coordinate with other Devoted services, such a Devoted Medical Group or benefits offered via the Health Plan
- Form strong relationships with local PCP offices and aid with coordination between member, Devoted, PCP’s office, specialist office, hospital
Attributes to success:
- You’re a caring problem solver who can break down barriers
- You connect with people quickly
- You follow up relentlessly
- You have comfort in the weeds of logistics
- A deep caring to make a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- The ability to adjust your tone and approach to different people
- You can articulate and break down complex information
- Being present, reliable and timely - for our members, for your team
- The ability to work in a startup environment: which means moving quickly and being transparent in your work, what’s going well, what’s not
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Embrace, crave and be comfortable with new and ever-changing technologies
- You have a minimum of 3 years doing case management or care coordination
- A Licensed Social Worker preferred
- A unrestricted driver's license (required) with ability to drive up to a +/- 80 mile radius within Southern FL
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Health insurance experience preferred (Medicare Advantage a plus)
- Experience working with seniors a plus
- You’ve had proven success in building relationships
- The ability to comfortably multi task: you’ll be listening, talking, evaluating and writing notes all at the same time
- You’re a great team member with a can-do attitude; you’re self reflective
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.