Transitions of Care Case Manager
Central Florida /
Clinical Operations /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health policy, clinical services, data and technology. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
We want to help members navigate the healthcare system in a better and safer way, and case management is critical to achieving this for our most vulnerable and complex members. The period post-discharge from the acute setting is a particularly vulnerable time, and this is the period on which you’ll focus. You'll be responsible for providing telephonic case management support to our highest risk members for the 30 days after discharge from the hospital or post-acute setting, and you’ll be helping to build the program while doing so. You'll serve as an advocate for these members, coordinating care and ensuring they have the necessary resources and support after discharge to achieve better health outcomes.
Our ideal case manager is caring, compassionate, solution-oriented and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding experience for Devoted Health’s members. They are committed to integrity, excellence, and empowering our most complex members to confidently navigate the healthcare system and live healthier lives. They are ready to innovate, adaptable to a continuously evolving startup environment, and willing to start scrappy, working with the whole Devoted family to create a revolution in how care is delivered.
A day at Devoted could include:
- Working with Members:
- Engaging with high risk members (primarily telephonically) to understand their needs, supported by technology and data tools.
- Conducting holistic assessments to identify comorbid conditions, ED/hospitalization history, medications, psychosocial factors, and member values and preferences.
- Developing care plans in partnership with members and their caregivers - problems, goals, interventions - while continuously evaluating the member’s progress.
- Explaining complicated medical terms in plain language.
- Educating members on their chronic conditions including teaching “red flags,” developing plans during an exacerbation, and identifying barriers to important care elements such as medication adherance.
- Preparing members for their inpatient and outpatient treatments.
- Working with other providers and resources:
- Working closely with Devoted Community Guides (locally-based social workers) to identify community-based organizations to support our members in meeting their goals.
- Coordinating post-treatment care and DME needs.
- Collaborating closely with our PCP partners, as well as Devoted Medical Group, to coordinate care and deliver evidence based, effective, and accessible health care.
- Improving how we work:
- Providing feedback and advice to help improve the operational processes, software tools, and data capabilities to improve how Devoted does transitions of care case management.
Attributes to success:
- A desire to make a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- You enjoy being on the phone caring for patients
- Strong clinical skills that will help you understand what a patient needs to help her avoid poor health outcomes
- The ability to adjust your tone and approach to different people in order to build trust and achieve positive outcomes
- The ability to articulate and break down complex information to ensure patients and caregivers are able to absorb and act on your guidance
- Excellent organizational skills which you will use to prioritize and provide need-based levels of engagement with individual patients, communicate and coordinate care needs across various organizations, and ensure none of our members fall through the cracks.
- Proven success and enjoyment in building relationships with a variety of stakeholders, such as care managers at hospitals and care coordinators at large PCP groups
- The ability to learn quickly from past experiences and implement changes for improvement
- Adaptability and comfort in a dynamic, startup environment.
Skills and experience:
- Must haves:
- An unrestricted FL RN license
- A minimum of 4 years of RN experience
- Prior case management experience
- The ability to comfortably multi-task: you’ll be listening, talking and typing all at the same time
- Team player mentality with a can-do attitude
- Preferred location is Lakeland, FL or Tampa, FL
- Nice to haves:
- Bilingual in English and Creole or Spanish
- Health insurance experience, particularly Medicare Advantage
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.