Pharmacy Technician (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
New Gloucester, ME
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
As our Pharmacy Guide, you will have the opportunity to be the pharmacy technician you've always wanted to be: one who inspires, makes a difference every single day, and is empowered to follow the care journey of our members. You will be responsible for ensuring members are taking their medications as prescribed, understand their prescription benefits, and have the resources to obtain their medication. You will be an integral part of the clinical pharmacy team, empowering our members to meet their health goals and live healthier lives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct assessments of medication adherence patterns, including factors contributing to non-adherence
- Provide counseling about how to take medications correctly
- Provide medication refill reminders
- Deliver education about financial assistance programs (Federal, state, and private) for medication out-of-pocket costs
- Engaging with providers to coordinate prescription refills and renewals
- Engaging with pharmacies to coordinate prescription fulfillment
- Helping identify members who may be at-risk for medication non-adherence Identifying and acting to address specific drivers of medication non-adherence
- Serving as a resource to Devoted Health organization for medication-related inquiries pertaining to formulary tiers, prior authorizations, formulary exceptions, and cost-sharing
- Scheduling member appointments with our clinical pharmacist or clinical guides for medication adherence issues, medication reconciliation, and case or disease management
- Maintaining documents and grids to track clinical pharmacy interventions and oversight responsibilities
- Participating in ad-hoc clinical outreach programs that ensure continuity of care and improve the member experience
Attributes to success:
- Desire and ability to listen and engage with our members in a telephonic setting
- Customer service is built into the very fibers of your being
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary care team
- You have a great sense of organization and prioritization
- Comfort with multi-tasking: you’ll be speaking with members and typing notes at the same time
- You’re a great team member with a can-do attitude; you’re self-reflective
Desired skills and experience:
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with at least three years of work experience in this field
- Experience caring for Medicare patients
- A strong desire to continue to work closely with aging patient populations
- Experience with Medicare Part D operations (e.g. pharmacy help desk, utilization management, formulary management)
- Experience with pharmacy-related quality assurance (QA) work is strongly preferred (examples of pharmacy-related QA include performing medication reconciliation following hospital discharge and coordinating prescription refill programs)
- Fluent in Spanish (required)
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.