Provider Operations Associate
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Our Provider Operations team is responsible for delivering tight operations, meaningful data and analytics, user-friendly tooling and content, and shared best practices across markets in order to allow us to realize the full advantage of having world-class providers managing our members’ care. Foundational to this strategy is our ability to be an engine of accurate provider data, which is inherently complex, messy, and ever-changing. This role is responsible for managing the front line of this challenge. Devoted’s ability to have accurate and accessible provider data allows us to better serve our members and providers, reduces our administrative cost and burden, and informs our strategic business decisions and core operations. This role will be primarily responsible for working with our providers to receive accurate and up-to-date provider data; validate, clean, and process that data in partnership with offshore resources; and analyze the integrity of our data and perform proactive outreach to improve our data quality. We’re looking for a creative thinker who can also work with our product and engineering team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our tools and processes and help us scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing all inbound data from our community of providers, and developing relationships with the right contacts at our provider offices
- Working with our offshore team to load and process inbound provider data
- Performing outreach to our providers to validate their data, in compliance with CMS regulations
- Validating and QAing data and our provider directory
- Working closely with our product and engineering teams on technology improvements
- Generally being a steward of and expert in provider data
Attributes to success:
- Natural detail-orientation
- You have a clear head for process and create organization out of chaos
- You are disciplined about documentation
- You value quality and accuracy
- Determined problem-solver
- Ability to identify and communicate big-picture themes and opportunities
- A true operator with a can-do attitude and a bias towards action and execution
- You are passionate about process improvement and efficiency
- You will roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Data, systems, and tech-savvy
- Creative thinker...we are building systems from the ground up and want fresh ideas
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment
- 0-3 years in operations, analytics, product management or consulting OR new college grad with proven ability / intern experience in the space
- Healthcare experience a plus, particularly if you have experience with provider data and familiarity with NPIs, TINs, claims
- Experience implementing process
- Track record of success becoming an expert with a tool or system that was unfamiliar to you
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.