Robotics Software Engineer
Engineering – Software /
As a Robotics Software Engineer, you will be developing software to enable real time control, low latency vision systems, optimal planners, and much more. You will be designing & integrating features to improve robotics systems in production such as grasp handling, real time decision making from external sensors, and novel robotic behaviors for Dexterity’s robotics applications. You will develop introspection, unit tests, and debugging tools to understand the behavior of your software, and deploy it in the field.
What we do
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures.
Day to Day Activities:
· Design, program, test, and debug software for robots and robotic systems.
· Develop & integrate software for robotic application, computer vision, robotics control, data ingestion, & data analysis.
· Build and analyze pipelines of critical and non-critical data: introspecting on errors regarding decision making, planning, or inference.
· Data analysis and modeling for improving robot & sub-system performance.
· Develop software to enable multiple robots and operator workflows to work collaboratively and safely.
· Maintenance of new & existing product feature sets in Systems Test & Production.
· Introspect on the performance (speed, quality, and autonomy) of control, vision, and data software running on the robot system and develop optimizations to improve them.
· BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
· Knowledge of Modern C++ and Python.
· Understanding of motion & vision transforms and how they relate to robot applications.
· Comfortable with robotic behavior trees, kinematics, and dynamics.
· Understanding of common 3D computer vision approaches.
· Familiar with Linux.
· Comfortable working with a lot of data: collection, storage, analysis.
· Familiarity with wide array of software stack technologies:
· Web communication (REST, HTTP), Software communication (ZMQ, Redis, gRPC, etc…)
· Knowledge of common ML techniques, libraries and pipelines
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $75,000 to $150,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.