Senior Hardware Test Engineer
Engineering – Hardware /
As an experienced Senior Hardware Test Engineer you will lead the hardware (mechanical and electrical) testing strategy, certifications, planning and executing hardware testing for different systems and components. You will be empowered to define the processes and practices which Dexterity uses to test its hardware for years to come.
About Dexterity:At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
Day to Activities:
- Use engineering requirements to create target metrics and testing plans across all phases of the development process, from prototype to production, including verification, validation, integration, quality, certification, reliability.
- Provide reliability requirements and expertise early in the design process.
- Perform and maintain Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Design test setups required to perform the required testing.
- Write requirements for test scripts and work with software test engineers to develop and prove these scripts.
- Perform pre and post-test inspections, document inspection processes and results, and train engineers and technicians to perform these inspections.
- Own the root-cause analysis of failed field-deployed modules.
- Lead discussions with design/development engineers to incorporate test results into future development.
- Support required testing for Dex hardware certification for different countries (e.g. UL, CE certification).
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Degree or related Engineering field.
- Experience in Hardware functional testing, Reliability testing, mechanical/electrical engineering experience with increasing roles in both IC and managing projects/teams.
- Strong mechanical/electrical engineering analytical skills.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package).
- Basic GD&T knowledge and experience creating 2D drawings.
- Strong knowledge of FMEA principlesFamiliarity with electrical design and integration (cable harnesses, wiring diagrams).
- Experience collaborating with external manufacturing partners; pneumatic systems.
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $150,000 to $190,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.