Engineering – Product Operations, Software /
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Technical Writer and Trainer to join our team. This individual will play a key role in creating, maintaining, and delivering technical documentation, as well as coordinating and conducting training sessions for our employees and clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in technical writing, instructional design, and a passion for empowering others through effective training.throughout the deployment lifecycle as well as owning internal communication for project progress and risks.
Day to Day Activities:
· Design and deliver engaging technical training sessions in various formats, such as in-person workshops, virtual webinars, and e-learning modules.
· Evaluate and adapt training materials and methods based on feedback from participants, as well as stay up-to-date with industry best practices and trends in instructional design.
· Assist in the development of training curricula and plans to ensure coverage of all relevant topics and alignment with organizational goals.
· Manage and track training records, certifications, and evaluations to ensure compliance with internal policies and industry regulations.
· Coordinate, schedule, and manage training events, including securing venues, organizing materials, and communicating with participants.
· Develop, maintain, and update technical documentation, including user manuals, guides, and online help systems, to ensure accuracy and consistency across all materials.
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather and verify technical information and to develop clear, concise, and comprehensive documentation.
· Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify knowledge gaps and opportunities for training and documentation improvements.
· Familiarity with software development processes, programming languages, and IT systems is a plus.
· Experience with using a CCMS software for technical documentation.
· Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS).
· Proficiency in SCORM authoring tools.
· Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in industrial documentation and training.
· Experience in technical writing, with a strong ability to translate complex concepts into easily understandable content.
· Experience designing and delivering technical training programs for diverse audiences, both in-person and remotely.
· Basic knowledge and/or experience of industrial mechanical maintenance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
· Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks and hit deadlines, while producing high quality results.
· Proficient in word processings and industry standard productivity applications.
· Loud work environment with temperature change due to seasons at the office, warehouses, and clients’/customers’ locations
· Walking/standing long hours and exposed to loud environment/machine and during travel
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Travel up to 25%.
· Must be able to work long hours as needed to complete assigned tasks.
· May be required to work extended hours during planned and unplanned maintenance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.