Associate Engineer System Test
Engineering – System Test /
At Dexterity, we believe robots can positively transform the world. Our breakthrough technology frees people to do the creative, inspiring, problem-solving jobs that humans do best by enabling robots to handle repetitive and physically difficult work.
We’re starting with warehouse automation, where the need for smarter, more resilient supply chains impacts millions of lives and businesses around the world. Dexterity's full-stack robotics systems pick, move, pack, and collaborate with human-like skill, awareness, and learning capabilities. Our systems are software-driven, hardware-agnostic, and have already picked over 15 million goods in production. And did we mention we’re customer-obsessed? Every decision, large and small, is driven by one question – how can we empower our customers with robots to do more than they thought was possible?
Dexterity is one of the fastest growing companies in robotics, backed by world-class investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Obvious Ventures. We’re a diverse and multidisciplinary team with a culture built on passion, trust, and dedication. Come join Dexterity and help make intelligent robots a reality!
As our Associate Systems Test Engineer you will be responsible for delivering high reliability distributed robot applications after doing comprehensive testing. Building upon Dexterity’s service platform these applications control robot operation, integrate with customer systems, provide operational metrics and system status to both the customer and Dexterity, and provide integration with customer systems.
Day to Day Activities
- Develop functional, stress and performance test cases, execute those on robotic systems in a production-like setting and document observed issues after doing the triage
- Develop automation scripts and improve automated test infrastructure for subsystem and system level test coverage
- Work closely with product, development, test and customer support teams to ensure the comprehensive test coverage and the observed issues resolution
- Assist customer support team to debug and resolve customer reported problems (software/ electro/ mechanical) and enhance future test coverage
- Help improve the overall human-robot interaction experience adhering to the safety standards and engineering best practices
- Degree in engineering discipline related to robotics (CS/EE/ME etc.)
- Experience working as Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in developing test cases and testing of distributed/embedded systems
- Experience in script development and building automated test infrastructure
- Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and debugging skills
- Ability to travel and work at customer sites in some situations (<10%)
- Organizational skills to track multiple simultaneous release test cycles and correlate test results
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- This position periodically requires working in a warehouse environment where the robotic systems are deployed.
- Loud work environment with temperature changes due to seasons.
- Ability to lift 30lbs or heavier with assistance.
- Ability to be on feet and walking around warehouse for majority of the day.
Base pay is one element of our Total Rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $70,000 to $125,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.