Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Washington, DC /
Research – Research /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking Senior Research Associates and Research Associates for the 2023-24 election cycle.
The application process for Associate and Senior Associate is the same. Experience and performance on a writing test will determine whether a candidate is offered Associate or Senior Associate.
The salary for the Research Associate position is $60,000 annually and the salary for Senior Research Associate is $70,000 before benefits and applicable withholdings. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillset at an entry level are encouraged to apply.
Senior Research Associate Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 1-2 cycles of political research experience.
- The Senior Associate can demonstrate proficiency and consistent formatting on a writing test at both argument construction and commonly used research tools such as nexis, campaign finance databases, social media research, and legislative research.
- The Senior Associate will be expected to be able to draft entire paid media backups and pitch documents independently that need minimal edits.
- The Senior Associate is responsible not just for completing assigned tasks, but for using their assigned time to consider and investigate alternative avenues and angles with the goal of turning in the strongest work possible.
- The Senior Associate will be expected to maintain consistent formatting without significant assistance.
Research Associate Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 1 cycle of political research experience
- The Research Associate can demonstrate proficiency on a writing test at research bullets and has some experience with nexis or other research tools but may require training on others.
- The Research Associate can, with editing and oversight, draft pieces of paid media backups and pitch documents.
- The Research Associate is learning research document construction and the elements of an opposition research hit.
- The Research Associate is working towards maintaining consistent formatting.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC, and applicants located in the Washington, DC area are preferred. Remote work may be possible for this position. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.