Washington, DC /
Finance & Events – Events /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking an Events Assistant. The Events Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the entire fundraising and events team through administrative tasks and managing event preparation for in-person and virtual DGA fundraising events and policy conferences. This position assists in the day-to-day operations of DGA’s fundraising programs by supporting the work of all members of the DGA fundraising and events team. This position will directly report to the Events Director.
The expected salary for this position is $50,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume through this application.
- Assist with the preparation for and on-site management of virtual and in-person DGA fundraising events and policy conferences;
- Prepare briefing materials for all members of the finance team, as needed;
- Contribute to the production of all DGA events materials and invitations;
- Create and maintain Cvent websites and MailChimp email blasts;
- Collaborate with the Finance Assistant and Major Donor Assistant to interview, select, and manage DGA finance interns and oversee their projects;
- Maintain and update the events team calendar and assist with scheduling as needed;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by all members of the finance and events team.
- A strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Event organizing experience is a plus;
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently, including occasional weekends;
- A strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with Cvent or other event management platforms is preferred but not required.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.