Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Digital Assistant role within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Digital Fundraising Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating all digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
The expected salary range for this position is $42,000 – $50,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillsets at an entry level are encouraged to apply.
- Help execute the DGA grassroots fundraising program by means of email, online advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, SMS, and other channels;
- Manage grassroots donor relationships for online, telemarketing, and direct mail programs;
- Monitor digital communications of Democratic governors, candidates, and their Republican opponents;
- Produce, checklist, and send email copy in our CRM, ensuring it is accurate and segmented correctly;
- Work with the content team to assist with social media and creative projects as the need arises;
- Assist with administrative functions for the DGA digital team, such as scheduling meetings, keeping agendas, updating reports, and managing inter-departmental projects;
- Assist in assigning tasks and managing DGA intern workflow on digital projects;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Enthusiasm for using the Internet and online tools to reach people, meet goals, and elect Democratic governors;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and written and verbal communications skills;
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors;
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines that may include work on nights and weekends;
- Interest and commitment to master emerging technologies and digital trends;
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
A plus if you have
- Experience writing for direct response, including email, ad writing, or social media platforms;
- Experience with ActBlue, basic HTML, and a CRM such as Blue State Digital, NGP, or Acoustic;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to apply.