Fall 2020 Fundraising & Events Internship
Internship Coordination – Fundraising /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the independent, non-profit, campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking interns for the Fall 2020 term. The DGA works closely with the state and Washington, D.C. offices of the Democratic Governors as well as many other national Democratic and progressive organizations.
DGA internships allow interested students to obtain practical political experience within the DGA Fundraising & Events Department including donor research, policy research, fundraising/event management, and administrative support to the DGA staff who is responsible for working with the nation’s Democratic Governors to raise money for the DGA.
DGA Fundraising & Events interns are assigned a variety of projects and tasks that support the DGA staff within the Fundraising, Events, Policy, and Administrative departments.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a group of hardworking, intelligent interns from diverse backgrounds during each term. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity to participate in the DGA internship program regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to its internship program and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
By submitting your application, you hereby certify that the information set forth in your application is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. Any false or misleading information submitted during this application process is reasonable grounds for an internship to be terminated.
- Assist in the research of current and prospective donors of the DGA to draft memos for DGA staff and Democratic Governors;
- Assist in the management of important databases such as contributions and political contacts;
- Assist in the production of Washington, DC. based fundraising events on behalf of Democratic Governors and gubernatorial candidates;
- Assist in the production of meeting materials for DGA staff and Governors;
- Assist in greeting guests for meetings and answering/relaying incoming calls for DGA staff;
- Help with other special projects, assignments, and tasks as assigned by DGA Fundraising, Events, Policy, and Administrative staff.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance;
- Good, professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Good and consistent attention to detail;
- Ability to cooperate and effectively communication with a diverse staff and other interns;
- Ability to ask appropriate questions to gather information to complete a task on time and up to expectations;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.;
- Proficiency with other web tools such as Google Docs and using the internet as a reputable research tool;
- Strong commitment to the principles of the Democratic Party;
- Strong interest in current events and national/state/local campaigns and politics;
- For Fall terms, remote availability for a minimum of 20 hours per week is requested.
• The DGA Internship Coordinator can work with selected interns and their school/program to obtain course credit for this internship.
For the Fall 2020 Term, DGA internships will be entirely remote and selected interns are provided a program stipend of $4,000. Housing is not provided. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Potential applicants who have an interest working on Democratic campaigns or supporting Democratic Campaigns are strongly encouraged to apply. No calls, please.