Independent Expenditures (IE) Political Coordinator/Assistant
Washington, DC /
Political – Independent Expenditures /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking an Independent Expenditure (IE) political coordinator/assistant. This position will support the DGA’s Independent Expenditure Program, which operates independently of gubernatorial candidates and campaigns.
The position will also be responsible for managing the flow of information within the IE team and with external partners; scheduling meetings and managing logistics; and ensuring deadlines are met. This position will report directly to the IE Director.
The expected salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings and dependent on experience.
This position will be open through the 2022 election cycle.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
• Supporting the objectives of the IE team;
• Draft, edit, and update memos and other materials for meetings and providing other updates to the IE Director, partners, and consulting teams
• Manage IE Director’s schedule and coordinate meetings with partners and consulting teams;
• Track and reconcile budgets for IE states;
• Ensure timely payment of invoices and monitor wire transfer process with compliance and legal teams;
• Assisting with news clips for relevant races;
• Manage and organize the priorities for each IE team member to ensure efficient development of multiple products for multiple states concurrently, regularly updating the IE team of progress and needs verbally and in writing;
• Manage the movement of products through development and approvals, with research, consultants, IE Director, and Legal.
• Comply with and assist with the enforcement of the DGA 2022 Firewall policy with consultants and other stakeholders;
• Providing additional administrative support; and
• Other duties as assigned and needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 2-4 years of campaign experience. This is not an entry level position;
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
• Operates well under pressure;
• Extremely organized both for yourself and others;
• Pays close attention to detail;
• Ability to work efficiently, autonomously, and be responsive
• Works well in a team environment;
• Work long and irregular hours during peak campaign season;
• Experience with polling data, media campaigns, and/or direct mail a plus but not required; and
• Passion and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes, particularly at the gubernatorial level.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.
Interested applicants should submit their application and resume through the link below to be considered. The link will remain active until the position is filled.