Summer 2023 Finance Internship
Washington, DC /
Internship Coordination – Fundraising /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the independent, non-profit, campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking Finance interns for the Summer 2023 term. The DGA works closely with the state and Washington, D.C. offices of the Democratic Governors as well as many other national Democratic and progressive organizations.
DGA internships allow interested students to obtain practical political experience within the DGA Fundraising & Events Department including donor research, policy research, fundraising/event management, and administrative support to the DGA staff who is responsible for working with the nation’s Democratic Governors to raise money for the DGA.
DGA Fundraising interns are assigned a variety of projects and tasks that support the DGA staff within the Fundraising, Events, Policy, and administrative departments. Fundraising and events interns mainly report to the Finance Assistant and Policy and Events Associate for assignments and feedback, as well as regular check-in’s with the Director of Operations and Intern Coordinator who manage DGA’s internship program.
For the Summer 2023 Term, DGA internships will be remote, with the option for interns located in Washington, DC to use the office on a limited basis. Selected interns are provided a program stipend of $5,000. Housing is not provided.
Applicants should submit a resume and 1-2 paragraphs on why you want to work as an Intern at the DGA and how you anticipate a DGA internship will benefit your career. Please include a draft work schedule at the end of your 1-2 paragraphs. Hour requirements are listed below. Potential applicants who have an interest working on Democratic campaigns or supporting Democratic Campaigns are strongly encouraged to apply. No calls, please.
This application will be open until the position is filled.
- Assist in the research of current and prospective donors of the DGA to draft memos for DGA staff and Democratic Governors;
- Assist in the management of important databases such as contributions and political contacts;
- Assist in the production of virtual fundraising events on behalf of Democratic Governors and gubernatorial candidates;
- Assist in the production of meeting materials for DGA staff and Governors;
- Help with other special projects, assignments, and tasks as assigned by DGA Fundraising, Events, Policy, and Administrative staff.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance;
- Good, professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Good and consistent attention to detail;
- Ability to cooperate and effectively communication with a diverse staff and other interns;
- Ability to ask appropriate questions to gather information to complete a task on time and up to expectations;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.;
- Proficiency with other web tools such as Google Docs;
- Strong commitment to the principles of the Democratic Party;
- Strong interest in current events and national/state/local campaigns and politics;
- For Summer terms, remote and/or hybrid availability for a minimum of 30 hours per week is required
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a group of hardworking, intelligent interns from diverse backgrounds during each term. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity to participate in the DGA internship program regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to its internship program and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your written application.
The DGA Internship Coordinator can work with selected interns and their school/program to obtain course credit for this internship.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.