DEPUTY RESEARCH DIRECTOR
Washington, DC /
Research – Research /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Deputy Research Director for the 2020 election cycle. This position will assist the Research Director.
- Produce original candidate research memos and manage research projects by outside consultants;
- Perform thorough fact checks on all internal and external communication documents;
- Advise and collaborate with campaigns and state parties on research needs;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Director.
- At least 3-4 years minimum of leadership in campaign research either with a consulting firm, a DC political committee, or directly with a campaign;
- Excellent research skills and strong attention to detail including experience designing and creating campaign research memos;
- Experience fact-checking paid media;
- Understanding of event tracking and media monitoring;
- Ability to write, edit, and fact-check with precision and calm on deadline during high-volume, fast-paced periods;
- Extensive experience with Lexis-Nexis, public records requests, analyzing primary source documents, commonly-used research databases and other basic opposition research tasks;
- A pro-active, self-starter who can take direction/work as part of a team, but who can also be trusted to independently produce error-free research; and
- Understanding of how research fits into the overall campaign/communications picture.
The position is based in downtown Washington, DC, comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience. Under current circumstances, DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and perform on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by COB on July 9, 2020. No calls, please.
The Democratic Governors Association is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.