Deputy Major Donor Director
Washington, DC /
Finance & Events – Major Donor /
The Democratic Governors Association, the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Deputy Major Donor Director for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The Deputy Major Donor Director plays a significant role to support and grow one of the DGA’s most important fundraising programs. This position supports the Major Donor Director in executing an ambitious regional fundraising strategy that collaborates with prominent major donors from the Democratic Party and progressive causes through virtual/in-person events, meetings with principals, and other creative programs. This position will report to the Major Donor Director and may also collaborate with a Finance Assistant on projects and tasks related to the DGA Major Donor program.
We expect many well-qualified candidates to apply to this position, so please provide a resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter describing why you think you are the best person to fill this open position at the DGA. We welcome applicants with senior-level and mid-level campaign/organizational experience to apply for this position. This is not an entry-level position. The expected salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 annually before benefits, but salary is commensurate with experience.
This application will remain open until the position is filled.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
- Assist Major Donor Director with day-to-day fundraising from major donors in your designated region;
- Manage operations of major donor events;
- Target new major donor prospects and maintain existing donor relationships;
- Coordinate rigorous call time and meeting programs for Governors;
- Assist in the planning and organizing of events with high net worth individual donors around the country;
- Prepare donor meeting and event materials as necessary;
- Maintain major donor database;
- Create newsletters, oversee donor correspondence and messaging;
- Frequent travel (when safe) is expected to achieve goals and perform regular responsibilities;
- Other special projects, assignments, and duties as assigned by the Major Donor Director.
- At least two election cycles (or four years) of work experience, with preferred experience in political fundraising;
- Relationship management experience, with preferred experience in major donor fundraising;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and written verbal and communication skills;
- Professionalism with direct supervisors, colleagues, direct reports, and principals;
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects under tight deadlines;
- Commitment to working collaboratively in a team environment;
- Familiarity with event planning and execution;
- Proficiency with NGPVAN;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during events and peak work times.
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
This position comes with full health care benefits.