Digital Ads Strategist
Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Digital Ads Strategist position within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycles. This individual will report to the Digital Director and work with agency partners to continue the development of the DGA’s record-breaking and rapidly growing digital fundraising operation. This will include optimizing ad content, exploring new channels and strategies for list growth, analyzing the performance of ad content and list acquisition over time, and actively monitoring the latest trends and opportunities that could advance the DGA’s overall fundraising program.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply.
- Working with the Digital Director, Digital Fundraising Director, and agency partners to develop and execute a comprehensive digital advertising strategy to sustain the continued growth of the DGA’s digital fundraising program;
- Working with a team of in-house and agency creatives to create high performing digital ad content across a wide variety of ad platforms, including Facebook, Youtube, display, etc;
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the DGA’s ads and acquisition strategies in order to identify both short- and long-term opportunities for optimization;
- Identify opportunities to test new ad tracks and channels, and work with the Creative Team to design ad creative focused on acquiring new supporters of and donors to the DGA’s mission;
- Working with agency partners to identify and execute larger acquisitions;
- Loading content, creative assets, and targeting into major online ad platforms;
- Work with agency partners to provide regular reports on ad program performance;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Experience working on successful, large-scale, online fundraising operations for Democratic political campaigns, political committees, and/or like-minded organizations;
- Experience with and deep understanding of a variety of ad platforms, channels, and tools, especially in the context of acquisition-focused campaigns;
- Have a strong awareness of digital advertising trends and acquisition opportunities;
- Have the ability to recognize a meaningful news story and then leverage it to quickly execute effective and compelling ad campaigns and content;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to consistency/detail, and written and verbal communications skills;
- Proven familiarity with political and digital best practices;
- Proven ability to manage and drive engagement for social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others;
- Experience writing for direct response, including email, ad writing, and social media platforms;
- Experience creating and reviewing timely and inspiring digital content such as websites, images, video, etc.;
- Familiarity with tracking performance and analytics for optimizing and reporting.
- Familiarly with political and digital best practices and a demonstrated interest and commitment to master emerging technologies;
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons, including evenings and weekends;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.