Finance and Policy Assistant
Washington, DC /
Policy – Policy /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Finance and Policy Assistant for the remainder of the 2020 election cycle. Opportunities to continue in this role through the 2021-22 election cycle exist for those who excel in the position. The policy department serves as an external face of the agendas of Democratic governors and candidates by liaising between the DGA, partner organizations, congressional leadership, and corporate members. The position will report to both the National Finance Director and Policy Director and assist in the day-to-day operation of the policy department and be responsible for administrative functions for the finance team.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
- Assist with the preparation for and on-site management of DGA policy conferences;
- Prepare briefing materials for the policy and finance teams, as needed;
- Track relevant legislation, regulations, member news, and Governor policy achievements, and provide regular updates to finance and policy teams;
- Contribute to the production of DGA policy and finance materials;
- Assist with outreach among allied policy and political organizations;
- Coordinate with the communications, research, digital, and political teams on the dissemination of talking points and strategic messaging;
- Work with the finance team on daily fundraising reports and assist with fundraising as needed;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Policy Director, National Finance Director and members of the finance team.
- A strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- 1-2 years of combined campaign or policy experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Strong proficiency with internet research;
- Event organizing experience is a plus;
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently, including occasional weekends;
- A strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- A keen awareness of how political dynamics shape policy debates.
This position will report to both the National Finance Director and the Policy Director and is based in Washington, DC. The position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with experience. However, during current circumstances, DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample through this application.