Digital Strategist or Senior Digital Strategist
Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Digital Strategist or Senior Digital Strategist role within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Digital Fundraising Director. The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating all digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillsets at the mid-level are encouraged to apply.
- Execution of the DGA grassroots fundraising program by means of email, social media, online advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and other channels;
- Write compelling copy for fundraising and engagement emails, online advertising, social media, and direct mail;
- Produce, checklist, and send email copy in our CRM, ensuring it is accurate and segmented correctly;
- Brainstorm innovative testing ideas and help build our testing plan to optimize our email program;
- Monitor all digital communications of Democratic governors, candidates, and their Republican opponents;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Experience working as a part of successful, large-scale, online fundraising operations for Democratic political campaigns, political committees, and/or like-minded organizations;
- Senior Digital Strategist candidates should have program management experience related to the below areas, and 2+ cycles of work experience;
- Experience writing email copy for a high-volume program, including rapid response; for Senior Digital Strategist, experience managing an email calendar and designing messaging strategy;
- Experience writing for a large-scale broadcast and/or P2P SMS program is a plus;
- Experience producing emails, including segmenting and testing, in a CRM such as BSD or NGP;
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Familiarity with political and digital best practices and an interest and commitment to master emerging technologies;
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons, including evenings and weekends;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.