Washington, DC /
Finance & Events – Finance /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Finance Assistant for the 2022 election cycle. The Finance Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the entire fundraising team through administrative tasks, fundraising research, and managing projects like drafting call sheets and briefings. This position assists in the day-to-day operations of DGA’s fundraising programs by supporting the work of all members of the DGA fundraising team as well as the DGA compliance department. This position will directly report to the Deputy National Finance Director and is a unique opportunity to gain significant experience in all aspects of political fundraising by supporting the DGA’s Major Donor and Membership programs.
The salary for this position is $45,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities at the entry level are encouraged to apply. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. No calls, please. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Assist with the preparation for and on-site management of virtual and in-person DGA fundraising events and policy conferences;
- Prepare briefing materials for all members of the finance team, as needed;
- Contribute to the production of all DGA finance materials;
- Manage ongoing donor research projects for both corporate membership and major donor fundraising teams;
- Work with the full finance team to draft daily fundraising reports and assist with fundraising tasks as needed;
- Manage the tasks related to call time preparation for governors;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by all members of the finance team and the Deputy National Finance Director;
- Collaborate with the Events and Policy Assistant to interview, select, and manage DGA finance interns and oversee their projects;
- Other special projects, assignments, and duties as assigned by the Deputy National Finance Director.
- A strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- 1 year of campaign or fundraising experience;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with internet research;
- Event organizing experience is a plus;
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently, including occasional weekends;
- A strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with NGP is preferred but not required.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.