Washington, DC /
Research – Research /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Research Assistant for the 2022 election cycle.
The expected salary for this position is $45,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter describing why you think you are the best candidate for this position at the DGA. Applications will continue to be accepted until this position is filled.
- Assist in producing original research memos;
- Perform thorough fact checks on internal communication documents;
- Manage interns;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Director.
- Experience in campaign research as an intern or staff member either with a consulting firm, a DC political committee, or directly with a campaign;
- Demonstrated research skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to write, edit, and fact check with precision and calm on deadline;
- A pro-active, self-starter who can take direction/work as part of a team, but who can also be trusted to independently produce error-free research; and
- An understanding of how research fits into the overall campaign/communications picture.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a hybrid in-person and remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews. However, since the duties and demands of this job require in person work, the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant would be expected to coordinate with the Operations team to determine a schedule that allows for the duties of this role to be fulfilled.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.