Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Creative Assistant role within the Digital Department for the remainder of the 2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Content Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
The expected salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillsets at the entry level are encouraged to apply.
- Work with the Content Director and the content and creative team to schedule and track creative assignments;
- Maintain the DGA’s social calendar, updating with key anniversaries, recurring moments, and upcoming events;Compile reports and tracking documents to support the production of video and design assets;
- Work with the Social Media Manager to identify trends on social media, source photos for graphics and pull compelling posts to amplify;
- Write weekly newsletters for external stakeholders and reports for DGA staff;
- Assist in social content creation during peak times and rapid response moments;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with others on the DGA digital team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization while in a fast-paced environment, including clear external and internal file management.
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines.
- Comfort with long, irregular hours during peak election seasons, including some evenings and weekends;
- Basic graphic design ability is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.