Social Media Manager
Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Social Media Manager position within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Content Director. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and executing content strategy on our social media platforms for the DGA’s core brand properties as well as support for Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns. This will include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. You’ll work with the DGA Digital Department, the wider DGA team, as well as collaborate with partner campaigns and organizations.
The expected salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply.
- Working with the Content Director to develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy to build on the DGA’s brand, expand its reach, and raise the organization’s profile;
- Working with designers, editors, and communications staff to produce compelling written, visual, and video content to support the DGA and campaigns and hold Republican Governors and candidates accountable;
- Creating the DGA’s content calendar and managing our social media properties, including networking and creating new opportunities for valuable engagement that drives immediate and long-term action;
- Posting content to all existing channels; exploring opportunities to expand our footprint to new platforms
- Providing guidance and advice to incumbent Democratic Governors and Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns on creative social programming;
- Creating regular reports on key social metrics including engagement, follower growth, topic performance, etc.; refining our content strategy based on these data and metrics
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Experience working on successful, large-scale, social media operations for Democratic political campaigns, political committees, and/or like-minded organizations;
- Experience writing engaging, compelling cross-platform social media content, often for rapid response timelines;
- Proven ability to manage and drive engagement for social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines and successfully project manage creative work from start to finish on schedule
- Familiarity with tracking performance and analytics for optimizing and reporting.
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Familiarity with political and social best practices and an interest and commitment to master emerging technologies;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons, including evenings and weekends;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary..
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care, a 401(k) matching program, and other employee benefits.