Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Graphic Designer role within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Content Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating all digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA. The Graphic Designer will work with the Content Director and Creative Director to produce engaging and innovative graphics to support the DGA’s grassroots fundraising and social media programs.
The expected salary range for this position is $50,000 – $65,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply:
- Execution of graphic design to support the DGA’s social media and grassroots fundraising program by means of social graphics, email graphics, direct mail graphics, and graphics for digital ads;
- Execution of graphic and document design for the DGA’s internal memos, presentation, and donor materials;
- Production of graphic content for campaigns and the DGA to amplify key political moments and initiatives;
- Work with the Creative Director to manage the visual identity and branding of the DGA across platforms and departments;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- 1-2+ years of experience designing in a political/non-profit, ad agency, entertainment, or media environment;
- Expertise with both typography and color and understanding of developing effective designs for social platforms and digital ads;
- An excellent command of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and presentation software such as Keynote, PowerPoint, and Google Slides. After Effects is also a plus;
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it visually in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized, including clear external and internal file management;
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines that may include work on nights and weekends;
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to develop and execute creative concepts in the digital space;
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors;
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio to apply.