Digital Content Director
Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Digital Content Director position within the Digital Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Digital Director.
The Digital Content Director will be responsible for creating and executing content strategy — in particular, but not limited to social platforms and website content — for the DGA’s core brand properties, support for Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns, coordinated efforts with campaigns. This will include managing a team of creative producers and collaboration with other members of the DGA Digital Department, the wider DGA team, as well as partner campaigns and organizations.
Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply.
- Working with the Digital Director and other senior team members to develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy to build on the DGA’s brand, expand its reach, and raise the organization’s profile;
- Leading a team of in-house creatives and working with digital writers and communications staff to produce compelling written, visual, and video content to support the DGA and campaigns and hold Republican Governors and candidates accountable;
- Managing the DGA’s social media properties, including exploring and creating new opportunities for valuable engagement that drives immediate and long-term action;
- Manage content for the DGA’s existing web properties and content production for future DGA web projects, including copy and on-site creative, in addition to SEO and social meta properties;
- Providing guidance and advice to incumbent Democratic Governors and Democratic Gubernatorial campaigns on creative digital programming;
- Work heavily with the DGA’s Communication department to strategize how best to use digital assets to further the DGA and reinforce campaign messages in gubernatorial races;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Experience working on successful, large-scale, online fundraising operations for Democratic political campaigns, political committees, and/or like-minded organizations;
- Experience working with or managing a team of creative producers to produce engaging graphics and video, often for rapid response timelines, which includes drafting storyboards and/or scripts (direct experience with Adobe suite products is a plus, but not a requirement);
- Proven ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines and successfully project manage creative work from start to finish on schedule;
- Proven ability to manage and drive engagement for social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others;
- Experience writing for direct response, including email, ad writing, and social media platforms;
- Familiarity with tracking performance and analytics for optimizing and reporting;
- Experience creating and reviewing timely and inspiring digital content such as websites, images, video, etc.
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it visually in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Familiarity with political and digital best practices and an interest and commitment to master emerging technologies;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons, including evenings and weekends;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.