Communications – Press
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking a Press Assistant for the 2020 election cycle. The Press Assistant is responsible for drafting talking points, advisories, and press releases, media monitoring, managing intern workload, and other daily communications office functions. As a member of Communications Team, the Press Assistant reports directly to the Communications Director and closely collaborates with other members of Communications Team to meet the DGA’s ambitious Communications goals for the cycle.
- Write press materials: news releases, talking points and memos;
- Manage interns in daily clips process to monitor news;
- Assist in outreach to news media;
- Assist with production of digital content;
- Help with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Communications Director.
- At least one cycle of experience in political communications or journalism;
- Strong writing skills;
- Ability to write and edit on deadline;
- Help maintain press lists and distribute materials;
- Digital and video editing skills preferred.
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes;
- Passion and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes;
- Energy, flexible, collaborative, creative, and proactive;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment.
The position is based in downtown Washington, DC and comes with full health care benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Applications are due by January 15, 2020. No calls, please.
The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.