Finance and Events Assistant
Washington, DC /
Finance & Events – Finance /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Finance and Events Assistant for the 2022 election cycle. The Finance Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the entire fundraising and events team through administrative tasks, fundraising research, and managing projects like drafting call sheets and briefings. This position assists in the day-to-day operations of DGA’s fundraising programs by supporting the work of all members of the DGA fundraising and events team as well as the DGA compliance department. This position will directly report to the Corporate Director, Incumbent Fundraising Director, and to the Events Director and is a unique opportunity to gain significant experience in all aspects of political fundraising and events.
The expected salary range for this position is $40,000-$42,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings.
This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
- Assist with the preparation for and on-site management of virtual and in-person DGA fundraising events and policy conferences;
- Prepare briefing materials for all members of the finance team, as needed;
- Contribute to the production of all DGA finance and events materials;
- Manage ongoing donor research projects for corporate membership, incumbent fundraising, and major donor fundraising teams;
- Work with the full finance team to draft daily fundraising reports and assist with fundraising tasks as needed;
- Manage the tasks related to call time preparation for governors;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by all members of the finance and events team;
- Create and maintain Cvent websites and MailChimp email blasts
- Collaborate with the Events and Policy Associate and Major Donor Associate to interview, select, and manage DGA finance interns and oversee their projects;
- Other special projects, assignments, and duties as assigned by Corporate and Incumbent Fundraising Teams
- A strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with internet research;
- Event organizing experience is a plus;
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently, including occasional weekends;
- A strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with NGP is preferred but not required.
Diversity Practices The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
Closing The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.