Senior Research Manager, Independent Expenditure
Washington, DC /
Research – Independent Expenditures /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to hire an experienced researcher for a senior position on its research team for the 2022 cycle. In 2021, this position will primarily work with the DGA's research department to produce research projects and memos. In 2022, this position will be housed within the Independent Expenditure team. The DGA’s IE team is responsible for directing independent expenditure programs in gubernatorial races across the country.
The expected salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.
- Produce original candidate research memos and manage research projects by outside consultants
- Perform thorough fact checks on all internal and external communication documents
- Produce research backups for polling and paid media.
- Interact with various consultants to meet polling and paid media research needs
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Director or Independent Expenditure Director, and in compliance with DGA’s internal firewall policy
- Read and proactively suggest rapid response to news and tracking reports
- Help with other assignments and tasks as requested by other staff, as appropriate
- Previous political campaign research experience required, including at least two cycles of experience working in opposition research or rapid response in a campaign setting; experience at, above, or equivalent to the deputy level of a statewide effort is preferred;
- Previous experience providing research sign-off on paid media products, and working with legal team to approve those products, is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong editing skills, focusing on strategic content as well as grammar and formatting;
- Self-motivation, as well as a strong commitment to teamwork;
- Organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines and quick turnaround times is a must.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.