Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Video Editor role within the Digital Department for the 2022 election cycle. The position will report to the Content Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
The expected salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillsets at the mid-level are encouraged to apply.
- Work with the Content Director and the DGA’s creative team to produce engaging and innovative video to support Democratic gubernatorial campaigns, as well as the DGA’s grassroots fundraising and social media programs.
- Create eye-catching, thumb-stopping, attention-grabbing digital video in support of Democratic gubernatorial campaigns across the country.
- Edit video content to help the DGA amplify key narratives and initiatives.
- Assist Democratic gubernatorial campaigns with video needs, including editing support during rapid response moments.
- Implement feedback and meticulously track changes throughout the video development and approval process.
- Work with the Senior Video Producer and Content Director to develop video concepts and templates to advance the DGA’s overall video brand.
- Occasionally staff in-person events in DC and elsewhere to capture video content for later use, so some travel and in-person work is required for this position.
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with the rest of the DGA’s Content and Creative Team
- 1-2+ years editing video in a political/non-profit, ad agency, entertainment, or media environment.
- The ability to communicate an important news story through compelling visual storytelling in a way that fits within the greater political landscape and the DGA’s narrative strategy.
- An excellent command of Adobe Premiere and After Effects and expertise with both typography and color.
- Ability to seamlessly produce video assets in all digital-native file formats and aspect ratios (16x9, 1x1, 9x16, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized, including clear external and internal file management.
- Ability to multitask and work fast under tight deadlines.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an interest in and facility at creating digital-native video for major social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube,) particularly innovative uses of square and vertical formats and dynamic text-on-screen.
- Comfort with long, irregular hours during peak election seasons, including some evenings and weekends;Motion graphics experience a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary. Given the responsibilities of this position, preference will be given to candidates who are able to attend in-person events in DC and elsewhere and are willing to work regularly from DGA’s DC office.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.