Washington, DC /
Political – Political /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking a Political Assistant for the 2022 cycle. This individual will report directly to the DGA’s Political Director and be heavily involved in the work of electing Democratic Governors. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is extremely organized and wants to learn the ins and outs of campaigns and political committees.
The expected salary range for this position is $40,000-$45,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter describing why you think you are the best candidate for this position at the DGA. Applications will continue to be accepted until this position is filled.
- Manage the Political Director’s schedule on a daily and long-term basis, juggling internal and external meetings and conference calls; preparing meeting briefings and agendas;
- Support the two Senior Campaign Advisors and other political team members with additional scheduling support;
- Track and file TV spending, polling information, fundraising reports, and advertising for all Governors races across the country;
- Draft, edit, and update race review memos and presentations on regular basis;
- Maintain the DGA’s resume bank, helping catalogue resumes so we can share staffing recommendations with campaigns;
- Work with the Political Director to manage, track, and reconcile the political budget; processing invoices with compliance department;
- Provide additional support to the Communications, Research, and Digital operations within the DGA as they work to help campaigns;
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities/events with the campaigns and DGA staff;
- Help produce weekly report on activities and progress of Political Department.
- Experience interning or working on political campaigns, political consulting firms, with elected officials, campaign committees, or progressive organizations preferred;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Strong verbal and written intra-office communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently, autonomously, and be responsive;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons;
- Passion and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Sense of humor and ability to work well with others in a professional setting;
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, creative, and proactive;
- Eagerness to learn and interest in putting that knowledge to use for future campaigns.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a hybrid in-person and remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Since the duties and demands of this job require in person work, the Political Assistant would be expected to be in-person at DGA offices at least 2-3 days a week in this hybrid environment, and more if COVID protocols are lifted.
The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and plans to onboard someone into this position in early January 2022.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.