Washington, DC /
Digital – Digital /
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Content Creator role within the Digital Department for the 2023 - 2024 election cycle. The position will report to the Creative Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
The expected salary range for this position is $50,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings, but salary is commensurate with experience. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skillset at an entry level are encouraged to apply.
- Pitch, draft, and create vertical video content for DGA’s TikTok and Instagram Reels accounts;
- Serve as the face of DGA’s vertical video content;
- Work with the Creative Director and the Deputy Creative Director to schedule and track creative assignments;
- Compile and distribute weekly newsletters and reports;
- Maintain the DGA’s social calendar, updating with key anniversaries, recurring moments, and upcoming events;
- Compile reports and tracking documents to support the production of video and design assets;
- Identify trends on social media, source photos for graphics, and pull compelling posts to amplify;
- Assist in social content creation during peak times and rapid response moments;
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with others on the DGA digital team.
- Comfortable in front of the camera and serving as the face of DGA’s vertical video content on social;
- Proficiency in social media and vertical video trends;
- Enthusiasm for using the internet and other online tools to reach people, grow our channels, meet our goals, and elect Democratic governors;
- The ability to recognize a meaningful news story and communicate it in a way that fits within the DGA’s greater political landscape and narrative strategy;
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization while in a fast-paced environment, including clear external and internal file management.
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Comfort with long, irregular hours during peak election seasons, including some evenings and weekends;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
A Plus If You Have Any of the Below
- Experience running and growing a TikTok/Instagram Reels account;
- Experience using Sprout Social;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC, although remote work may be possible for this position. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.