Software Development Engineer in TEST
Dgraph Labs, home of Dgraph, the only native GraphQL database. Started by ex-Google engineers, our mission is to empower developers to build smarter apps with GraphQL and the world’s most advanced graph technology. With over 16,000 GitHub stars and more than 10 million downloads, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database on GitHub.
Our customers range from global Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups, and powering use cases like customer 360, financial intelligence, recommendation engines, knowledge graph, social networks, and many more. We are headquartered in San Francisco with a distributed team across the globe. Dgraph is well-funded, with lead investors from Redpoint and Bain Capital.
Dgraph Labs is looking for a SDET to join our team to help us solve the hard problem of testing Dgraph. As part of the team, you would be responsible for extending our test suite and ensuring that our builds are always green. You will be expected to find new ways to improve test coverage by adding new unit and integration tests, find bugs and possibly fix them when possible, or get them fixed by creating issues on GitHub and coordinating with the rest of the team.
. Design, create and execute automated and manual tests and maintain accurate documentation of results and process.
. Identify and develop tooling and automation needed for rapid iterative stress testing of new Dgraph features and enhancements
. Ability to quickly respond to flakey tests so that there is minimum impact on our team
. Partner with the rest of engineering team to optimize the CI pipeline
. Create, implement and run manual or automated end to end test cases by participating in design meetings and understanding acceptance criteria.
. Identify regression areas and make sure related tests are green before each release
- 8+ years of experience building automated testing frameworks
- Excellent scripting and automation skills
- Solid understanding of the development cycle of any software based product.
- BS. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Expert level on any RDBMS, NoSQL, or Graph databases
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a multi-tier, distributed environment
- Understanding of scale and performance testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with open source software
- Experience with TeamCity and/or GitHub
- Experience with clustering technologies - service and database
- Experience delivering quality software in a large distributed system.
- Experience with any Graph Database is a big plus