Director of Customer Success
United States /
Customer Success /
Dgraph Labs, home of Dgraph, the only native GraphQL database. Started by ex-Google engineers, our mission is to empower developers to build smarter apps with GraphQL and the world’s most advanced graph technology. With over 13,000 GitHub stars and more than 2.6 million downloads, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database on GitHub.
Our customers range from global Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups, and powering use cases like customer 360, financial intelligence, recommendation engines, knowledge graph, social networks, and many more. We are headquartered in San Francisco with a distributed team across the globe. Dgraph is well-funded, with lead investors from Redpoint and Bain Capital.
Mission of the Role:
Provide an incredible user experience across our open-source, on-prem and hosted solutions. Build a “A” player team which can move fast, delight and retain our existing customers, identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, and support prospects to land new accounts.
Key Outcomes Expected:
- Within the first 90 days, build technical understanding to help our users meaningfully.
- Enforce a private SLA for our open-source users, by coordinating actions from within customer success, engineering and other internal teams.
- Put together a support system in place and align customer success and engineering teams with it.
- Put together a process for on-boarding new customers.
- Maintain a regular cadence of calls with on-premise users.
- Maintain 4.0 or above on Customer Satisfaction with issue resolutions.
- Build a team of highly user-focused and engaged A players.
Requirements for the role:
- Global experience with proven ability to work with internal and customer teams across multiple time zones
- Tech savvy and owns all the systems in use (Jira, HubSpot, PagerDuty, Discourse) to track user issues. Experience managing Open source users is preferred but not required.
- Worked in 24x7 support roles to ensure user support is always in place
- Previous experience in supporting customers/users deploying and running databases in production environments. Pre-sales experience is preferred but not required.
Dgraph Core Values:
. Be Open Source: Humble, Honest, Transparent, Open Minded, Assertive.
. Create an Incredible User Experience: Solve user issues, Prioritize bugs, Respond quickly, Anticipate user problems.
. Simplify and Deliver: Simplify solutions, Deliver quickly, Deliver quality solutions.
. Collaborate and Iterate; Experiment and Evolve: Curious, Embark on risky projects, Show leadership
. Action over Talk; Logic over Feelings: Talk about actionable solutions, Avoid monologues, Keep ego aside, Disagree and Commit, Debate logically and respectfully