Event Marketing Specialist
United States /
Started by ex-Google engineers, Dgraph Labs is a San Francisco based startup with team members and offices all over the globe. Together, we are building the next-generation database that is powerful yet easy to use. With over 14,000 GitHub stars and more than 7 million Docker pulls, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database in the market.
In this role, we're looking for an organized event marketer who is detail-oriented and excited to grow in their career. You will coordinate a range of virtual and in-person events. These include monthly community calls as well as three to four large-scale conferences each year (check out our GraphQL in Space and Go Systems Conf events from 2020). Additionally, you will contribute to the sales and marketing teams’ efforts by organizing webinars and live demos. Beyond that, this role will also work closely with our engineering team to secure speaking engagements at other developer-focused events.
Successful candidates are well organized and skilled communicators, comfortable reaching out to speakers and vendors. You will be responsible for start to finish event management, including project management of website, social media, email, and ads to drive registrations, as well as speaker management, swag fulfillment, and overseeing video production.
To accomplish your goals, you will work closely with the marketing and community teams to discover and nurture events driving developer engagement. You will be creative in your approach, and develop expertise in project management and events logistics. At times, you will be the first point of contact with Dgraph for developers at conferences, meet-ups and elsewhere in the community - both on and offline - and you will help build our brand in the market.
Come help bring awareness for Dgraph across the serverless and modern web communities!
- Start to finish event management and logistics, including speaker outreach and coordination, vendor relations, and swag distribution.
- Build Dgraph’s profile at other events by identifying potential speaking opportunities and applying for the Dgraph team to present where applicable.
- Coordinate marketing team activities and communication with regard to events.
- Analyze effectiveness of events via metrics and reports, and continually iterate.
- Passion for event management, willingness to experiment, and a metrics-driven approach to execution.
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, preferably with project management or events-related roles.
- A strong background or understanding of new technologies and the developer audience.
- Meticulous project management, and ability to coordinate across teams. with an eye for detail.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Bonus points for experience with paid advertising or email marketing.
- Bonus points for public speaking experience and desire to present in small and large groups, meetups, and conferences