Software Engineer - SRE
Dgraph Labs, home of Dgraph, the only native GraphQL database. Started by ex-Google engineers, our mission is to empower developers to build smarter apps with GraphQL and the world’s most advanced graph technology. With over 13,000 GitHub stars and more than 2.6 million downloads, Dgraph is the most popular open-source graph database on GitHub.
Our customers range from global Fortune 500 companies to emerging startups, and powering use cases like customer 360, financial intelligence, recommendation engines, knowledge graph, social networks, and many more. We are headquartered in San Francisco with a distributed team across the globe. Dgraph is well-funded, with lead investors from Redpoint and Bain Capital.
At Dgraph we are building the next generation of graph databases and, while our database is open source and anyone can run it on their own, we are creating a fully managed environment for those that simply want a database running on the cloud without having to bother about security, updates, or any other kind of maintenance.
Additionally, we support many of our customers by managing the Dgraph clusters they run on their own premises, helping debug issues and improving their performance whenever possible.
We are looking for an SRE Engineer with experience on running databases at scale.
- You will help design our managed offering so it is as robust and efficient as possible.
- You will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to provide feedback on how to make Dgraph easier to manage on production.
- You will help write an operations manual for Dgraph, including best practices and troubleshooting for deployment, upgrades, backups, etc.
- You will be the first member of a growing team and with a clear career path towards team lead.
- 8+ years of experience with DevOps / SRE techniques and observability of distributed systems.
- Prior experience in Kubernetes, Terraform & Helm is required
- Scripting in Python, Ruby or any other languages
- Good knowledge of another database operations is a great plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.