Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack (NI / UK / Ireland)
Northern Ireland /
Platform – DxRx Engineering Team /
At Diaceutics we believe that every patient should get the precision medicine they deserve. We are a data analytics and end-to-end services provider enabled by DXRX - the world’s first Diagnostic Network solution for the development and commercialization of precision medicine diagnostics. Diaceutics has worked on every precision medicine brought to market and provides services to 36 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We have built the world’s largest repository of diagnostic testing data with a growing network of 2500 labs in 51 countries.
As Lead Software Engineer you’ll be responsible for creating reusable software that can be used across our Products along with introducing new technology where appropriate. You get to help build and design the DXRX platform, providing a valuable technical leadership throughout the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients. You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible
2. You will drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, Automation etc.) and set standards.
3. Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices.
4. When confronted with discordant views, be are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
5. You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
6. You will use DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
7. You will prepare architectural proposal documents for review by your peers.
8. On-call rotation where required. Provide excellent customer support.
1. Strategic Thinking: Contributes to short term execution and long-term business planning. Offers solutions and suggestions that shape execution of the Company’s business strategy. Understands rationale and strategy behind key policies and procedures.
2. Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates self-awareness and understands impact of self on situations and people. Builds strong internal and external relationships. Delivers messages comprehensively to a variety of audiences both internal and external to the Company. Consistently raises standards aligned with business goals.
3. Balanced Decision Making: Implements decisions and established systems which enable delivery of results. Carefully weighs consequences of decisions and actions both short term and long term. Leverages business and operational knowledge to increase profitability.
General Education and Experience:
1. Education –Bachelor’s / Masters degree in Computing or Software Development is required.
2. On the Job Experience – 2-5 years’ experience as Principal Software Engineer, or 5+ years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer required.
3. Technical Experience:
· You have created large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
· You have solid understanding of design patterns and architectural principles
· You have led software development teams using Agile methodologies.
· Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
· Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Kubernetes & Docker.
4. You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. And a passion to automate your work, and make things simpler.
5. Be a self starter and can take the initiative.
6. Most importantly, you are; humble and pragmatic.
7. Adaptability - Comfortable learning and applying new technologies quickly.
8. Bonus – Experience working Remotely using Slack, Teams etc.
Life at Diaceutics:
We are a multi-cultural, diverse team spanning 23 countries around the world with current expansion across Asia. One thing we all have in common is that we are dedicated people who are passionate about patient outcomes. 80% of our employees work remotely and we collaborate together as a global village. At Diaceutics, we live by our values, The Diaceutics EFFECT. Our employees are Empowered to take responsibility for their own personal development, encouraged to use strategic Foresight in leadership decisions, to build positive working relationships through Fun and productive engagements and to think independently like an Entrepreneur where the best idea wins no matter who said it. Communication flow is a key part of our inclusive working culture where team building leads to camaraderie and Trust between co-workers. We hire smart, fun people who care about our mission and about each other. Some interesting points about us:
· Competitive salary (and attractive bonus scheme dependant on role).
· Training and development budgets for every team.
· Remote / Virtual Working.
- 9 Day Working Fortnight
· Generous Annual and Public Holiday allowance.
· Healthcare (including Vision and Dental) and Additional Benefits.
· Enhanced Maternity and Sick Pay Provisions.
· Robust Performance Management Framework and Individual Development Plan.
· Generous Staff Referral Scheme.
· Dedication to positive working culture with regular health and wellbeing activities and annual company get together.
Please see link below to our Candidate Privacy Statement - https://www.diaceutics.com/uploads/diaceutics-candidate-fair-processing-notice