Data Engineering Lead (NI / UK / Ireland)
Northern Ireland /
Platform – DxRx Engineering Team /
At Diaceutics we believe that every patient should get the precision medicine they deserve. We are a data analytics and end-to-end services provider enabled by DXRX - the world’s first Diagnostic Network solution for the development and commercialization of precision medicine diagnostics. Diaceutics has worked on every precision medicine brought to market and provides services to 36 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We have built the world’s largest repository of diagnostic testing data with a growing network of 2500 labs in 51 countries.
Set up, improve, expand and maintain the data storage, data infrastructures and data pipelines needed by the Diaceutics DXRX Precision Medicine Platform (further information can be found https://www.diaceutics.com/dxrx-network).
This is a “hands on” technical role. The role will also have strategic and architectural aspects. Finally, the role also involves management of a small team of 1-3 of permanent and offshore engineers.
The role encompasses three technical areas:
• Data architecture: Design data management systems for the DXRX Platform. Enable the DXRX platform to ingest, integrate, and manage all the required sources of data for the DXRX platform to meet business, data science and stakeholder requirements. The work of a data architect may need in-depth knowledge of AWS, SQL, NoSQL, and Postgres, among other systems and tools.
• Data Storage: Design and maintain the DXRX data lake, data warehouses and database systems. Ensure that all systems function seamlessly for all DXRX stakeholders. Optimize DXRX data systems and storage for speed. Ensure that updates don't interfere with workflow, and sensitive information is secure.
• Data Engineering: Responsible for building a robust, integrated data infrastructure for the DXRX platform. Develops, constructs, tests and maintains architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems of DXRX. The ability to recommend and implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, construct, test and maintain DXRX data architectures (such as databases, ETL pipelines and large processing systems.
• Ensure DXRX data architecture will support the requirements of the business.
• Enable the capability of adding new data sources for the DXRX Platform.
• Employee a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry DXRX data systems together.
• Recommend ways to improve DXRX data reliability, efficiency and quality.
• Ensure DXRX platform data security and compliance.
• Managing, growing and developing the team of data engineers.
• Ensure a culture of accountability, high performance and ethical behaviour.
• Extensive experience in data platform technology through all data lifecycle stages covering: sourcing, enhancing, persisting and using data.
• Have defined and delivered a data technology roadmap to achieve the strategic goals of a data led business
• Have worked effectively in a global, matrix environment and demonstrated experience of satisfying internal customers for their data needs.
• Have worked effectively in a global data team with delivery team located in a different geographical location.
• Have worked effectively in an agile, sprint-based delivery model.
• Have automated deployment of data platform technology changes in a cloud-based environment (ideally AWS).
• Can assess and conduct cost benefit analysis of various technologies related to this field and ability to assess new ones coming in the market.
• In depth domain experience building high performing data platform architectures, systems and pipelines in the following domains:
- Cloud (Ideally AWS).
- Data Platform (Redshift, Airflow, Glue, Athena, EMR, Spark, Lake Formation or equivalent).
- Data Modelling (KNIME or equivalent).
- Data Transformation/ETL (Glue, KNIME or equivalent).
- Languages: (Python or equivalent).
- Databases: (RDS, PostgreSQL or equivalent).
• Proven track record of leading teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrate and promote a culture of commercial awareness.
• Experience of developing and mentoring staff and leading them to excellent performance as well as offering career development opportunities.
General Education and Experience:
1. Education –Bachelor’s / Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is preferred. Various certification and training in AWS is a bonus.
2. Experience –5+ years of experience as Data Engineer required. Team Management experience is required.
Life at Diaceutics:
We are a multi-cultural, diverse team spanning 23 countries around the world with current expansion across Asia. One thing we all have in common is that we are dedicated people who are passionate about patient outcomes. 80% of our employees work remotely and we collaborate together as a global village. At Diaceutics, we live by our values, The Diaceutics EFFECT. Our employees are Empowered to take responsibility for their own personal development, encouraged to use strategic Foresight in leadership decisions, to build positive working relationships through Fun and productive engagements and to think independently like an Entrepreneur where the best idea wins no matter who said it. Communication flow is a key part of our inclusive working culture where team building leads to camaraderie and Trust between co-workers. We hire smart, fun people who care about our mission and about each other. Some interesting points about us:
• Competitive salary (and attractive bonus scheme dependant on role).
• Training and development budgets for every team.
• Remote / Virtual Working.
• 9 Day Working Fortnight.
• Generous Annual and Public Holiday allowance.
• Healthcare (including Vision and Dental) and Additional Benefits.
• Enhanced Maternity and Sick Pay Provisions.
• Robust Performance Management Framework and Individual Development Plan.
• Generous Staff Referral Scheme.
• Dedication to positive working culture with regular health and wellbeing activities and annual company get together.
Please see link below to our Candidate Privacy Statement - https://www.diaceutics.com/uploads/diaceutics-candidate-fair-processing-notice