Business Operations Director
Diamond Foundry – Operations /
At Diamond Foundry, we are delivering the future of diamonds. We are America's #1 producer of diamonds, creating real diamonds aboveground in our San Francisco foundry using our proprietary solar technology. We sell our products via multiple channels world-wide.
Diamond Foundry is looking for a dynamic and talented Director of Business Operations to join our team. This key player will work closely with finance, sales, production and vendors to ensure the supply chain is optimized to fit the business needs. The ideal candidate will have ample experience with supply chain management, have a strong understanding of financial modeling and knows how to build strong vendor relations (globally). This position will be based in Dubai.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement strategic logistics solutions; select and manage key supply chain partners
- Ensure infrastructure can scale with company growth
- Being a key point of contact for global manufacturing partnersNegotiate and manage shipments and deliveries
- Act as escalation point for any delivery/vendor related issuesIdentify, prioritize, structure and solve an array of other complex business problems through the use of analytics and business judgments
- Analyze data, build complex models, present conclusions on performance/forecasting
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business topics and perform end of month reconciliations
- Work with procurement and accounting teams to ensure inventory and logistics accounting is accurate
- Continually monitor product supply vs. customer sales, and perform supply and demand analysis to maximize sales
- Maintain optimal channel inventory through the various stages of the product life-cycle; act as the central point of contact for all supply chain matters
- Work cross-functionally across teams to optimize product availability
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in an analytical role in tech, finance, operations management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Excellent business partnership skills with ability to support, develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Strong experience in planning and materials management, with experience in manufacturing, supply chain, Logistics, inventory management, and building scalable process/tools
- Data-driven decision making with a strong bias towards action and rapid experimentation.
- Entrepreneurial DNA; ability and desire to run initiatives end-to-end with full ownership.
- Expert quantitative analysis; expertise in SQL and other analytical tools a plus
- Strong global vendor management skills
- Self-starter with ability to move quickly and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Expert Excel and modeling skills are a must
- Deep analytical mindset, and problem-solving acumen
- Knowledge of ERP systems / Netsuite is highly preferred
- A degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Applied Math, Economics) is required.
We are rapidly expanding and are hiring for positions in:
San Francisco, CA - technology
Los Angeles, CA - ecommerce
Wenatchee, WA – foundry
Shanghai, CN - ecommerce
Real. Unique. World Positive.
For more information, visit DiamondFoundry.com