San Francisco, California /
Diamond Foundry – Legal /
At Diamond Foundry, we are delivering the future of diamonds. We are America's #1 producer of diamonds, creating real diamonds aboveground in our San Francisco foundry using our proprietary solar technology. We sell our products via multiple channels world-wide.
Diamond Foundry is searching for an experienced paralegal to join our team. This person will work closely with the executive staff on ensuring proper documentation and proper filings are completed. This role requires a great knowledge in business filings, option administration and contract negotiations . The role has the responsibility of accuracy of legal documentation, processes, and a strong acumen of compliance requirements.
This role will be very hands-on and play an integral part in operations with opportunities to work on various projects that are critical across various business units. This paralegal should enjoy a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; courses in business law are a plus.
- Certifications: A paralegal certificate required
- 4 years experience as in-house corporate paralegal or in law firm, with specific experience in corporate governance, maintenance of books and records, option administration systems, policy implementations and supporting complex transactions
- Strong understanding of supporting international business operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external constituencies to drive business results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands while maintaining high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Prudent judgment and the ability to balance risk and internal compliance and control policy enforcement with revenue goals in an autonomous environment
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both oral and written format
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence.
- Energized in an environment of rapid change and a willingness to be part of an “all hands on deck” team of doing what needs to get done to move the business forward
- Start-up work experience a plus
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently research, investigate, draft, prepare, file, organize and distribute non-disclosure agreements, agreements for services and vendor contracts
- Prepare, file and manage necessary documentation related to foreign qualifications on international entities and branches, working with various agencies and authorities with respect to entity filings
- Assist with the review and negotiation of business critical contracts for software, hardware, professional services, and other
- Assist with regulatory compliance initiatives, including initiatives relating to data privacy and security and vendor management
- Work with the finance team and outside counsel to manage the cap table and other projects
- Work with the HR team on documenting key corporate policies such as business code of conduct
- Obtain and maintain all necessary city and state business registrations and licenses
- Lead strategic initiatives to drive efficiencies and performance optimization
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
We are rapidly expanding and are hiring for positions in:
San Francisco, CA - technology
Los Angeles, CA - ecommerce
Wenatchee, WA – foundry
Shanghai, CN - ecommerce
Real. Unique. World Positive.
For more information, visit DiamondFoundry.com