San Francisco, California /
Diamond Foundry – Engineering /
At Diamond Foundry, we are delivering the future of diamonds. We are America's #1 producer of diamonds, creating real diamonds aboveground in our San Francisco foundry using our proprietary solar technology. We sell our products via multiple channels world-wide.
We are looking for an equipment focused software engineer to develop, and troubleshoot applications for our manufacturing line. We have a spectrum custom built and off the shelf equipment that we want to interact with in a unique way to optimize data collection, operator input, and overall system integration. You'll be working with an experienced team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers, both assisting senior engineers and taking responsibility for your own engineering projects. Your goal will be to achieve maximum productivity for our production line through improving data collection methods, building user interfaces, communicating to devices using all sorts of standard communication protocols.
The job will be fast paced, developing these systems in a rapidly scaling manufacturing environment. You’ll be:
- Assessing user needs and requirements
- Using best practices for documentation, regression testing, and stable deployment of software
- Building control software to manipulate various hardware devices to integrate into a single system
- Developing user interfaces to optimize operator interactions with manufacturing stations
- Working with vision controllers, barcode scanners, motors, actuators, and a variety of sensors
- Deploying VLAN configurations to maximize security and optimize network traffic flow
- Managing the implementation of vendor software platforms and integrate them into our systems
- Supporting manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory users by assessing their needs, and execute independent projects to meet those needs
- Design, implement, deliver and support end-to-end fully functional solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or similar engineering discipline
- 5+ years of software/manufacturing/industrial engineering experience
- Experience working within IIoT systems
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Self starter, capable of identifying needs and implementing solutions without help
- A desire to learn new skills
- Effective communication, must be comfortable working closely with team members
- Flexible, and adept at working in a fast paced environment
A qualified candidate will have a subset of these skills:
- Software: Python, LabVIEW, SQL, PLC ladder logic, HTML, Jav, Linux
- Familiar with RS232/485, TCP/IP, Modbus, Ethercat, GigE, REST.
- Operational knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, servers both locally and in the cloud
We are rapidly expanding and are hiring for positions in:
San Francisco, CA - technology
Los Angeles, CA - ecommerce
Wenatchee, WA – foundry
Shanghai, CN - ecommerce
Real. Unique. World Positive.
For more information, visit DiamondFoundry.com