Finance – Tax /
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and convenience platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation and life services for over 550 million users across Asia, Latin America, Australia, and Russia, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Automobile Solutions, Food Delivery, and Payment. Tens of millions of drivers who find flexible work opportunities on the DiDi platform provide over 10 billion passenger trips a year.
DiDi is committed to collaborating with policymakers, the taxi industry, the automobile industry, and communities to solve the world’s transportation, and environmental, and employment challenges with localized smart transportation innovations by leveraging its AI capabilities. By continuously improving user experience and creating social value, DiDi strives to build a safe, inclusive, and sustainable mobile transportation and convenience ecosystem for cities of the future.
DiDi uses technology to improve mobility in our world. As such, we always look for people from every background who want to support our vision, through equal opportunity and nondiscriminatory, fair and impartial treatment, completely free of prejudice related to race, nationality, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, political affiliation, sexual preference, marital status, disabilities or family responsibilities.
For more information, please visit: www.didiglobal.com/news
We are looking for a tax manager located in Australia, covering all tax related issues in relation to our Australian business.
This position will directly report to the International Tax Leader (located in Beijing) and may indirectly report to the Finance controller (located in Sydney). This position will be responsible for tax planning, tax compliance, tax dispute resolution, tax authority relationship maintenance and various daily tax support for business needs.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
· Be sensitive to the external tax environment, monitor the potential changes (including change of tax law/legislation, or change of government authority which may have impact on the tax regime) in Australia;
· Manage tax compliance matters (including but not limited to corporate tax, payroll tax, FBT, GST, WHT, other local taxes); be responsible for the compliance result and quality;
· Work closely with external tax advisors and manage their working deliverables;
· Handle and manage tax inspection/ audits/reviews raised by the competent tax authorities appropriately;
· Interface with x-function teams, (i.e. finance/accounting/operation/legal/procurement etc.) and provide strong support to our Australian business, perform tax analysis of the potential tax impacts and any existing/new business opportunities, generate solutions and make sure of implementation;
· Keep proper tax technical updates and provide education/updates to relevant stakeholders as appropriate
· Bachelor degree or above
· More than 7 years of Australia tax work experience with strong tax technical knowledge as well as strong implementation ability
· Result oriented, strong sense of ownership
· Strong analytical and communication skills with ability to manage multiple projects;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all level of staff, with cross-functional teams, upper management, and outside consultants.
· Work experience in Big 4 and share good relationship with ATO will be a plus
· CPA or law degree is a plus