Arabic Language Specialist
Administrative Department – Support Team /
Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and convenience platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation and life services for over 550 million users across Asia, Latin America, Australia, and Russia, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Automobile Solutions, Food Delivery, and Payment. Tens of millions of drivers who find flexible work opportunities on the DiDi platform provide over 10 billion passenger trips a year.
DiDi is committed to collaborating with policymakers, the taxi industry, the automobile industry, and communities to solve the world’s transportation, and environmental, and employment challenges with localized smart transportation innovations by leveraging its AI capabilities. By continuously improving user experience and creating social value, DiDi strives to build a safe, inclusive, and sustainable mobile transportation and convenience ecosystem for cities of the future.
DiDi uses technology to improve mobility in our world. As such, we always look for people from every background who want to support our vision, through equal opportunity and nondiscriminatory, fair and impartial treatment, completely free of prejudice related to race, nationality, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, political affiliation, sexual preference, marital status, disabilities or family responsibilities.
For more information, please visit: www.didiglobal.com/news
The Arabic Language Specialist will be providing input for localizing DiDi mobile products, such as translating the app, conducting review work, fixing linguistic bugs, managing outsourced translation projects. At the same time, they will be the “gatekeeper” for in-app language quality, managing the market’s style and terminology guides, and coordinating with many stakeholders including product teams, localization, and marketing teams to align on language content, choices and quality.
● Provide commercial and creative translations from English to Arabic, with emphasis on retaining source content original meaning.
● Review translated app content offline as well as during in-build LQA to ensure language quality.
● Act as an app language quality owner, problem-solving with internal teams to make final decisions about language choices backed by research and an understanding of industry standards
● Curate & update specialized dictionaries, thesauruses and reference guides to confirm closest equivalents for industry-specific terminology
● Consistently research legal, technical and scientific phraseology to ensure appropriate translations.
● Check Arabic content for quality; provide consistent feedback to language vendors in order to improve quality, especially with regard to style
● Drive involvement of regional offices and relevant departments in aligning language assets, such as style guides.
● Assist with localization projects and vision for the rapidly expanding scope of the international business division.
● B.A. in Translation, Linguistics, or similar
● Native Arabic speaker with an excellent command of English
● Minimum 3 years of solid experience as a translator, preferably in software/website localization
● Good understanding of localization and linguistic issues
● Strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail
● Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks
● Familiarity with travel market and culture in Egypt and Middle East Countries
● Self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to learn and adapt to new systems, environments and processes quickly
● Experience using TMS tools, especially Memsour