Business Development Manager - Sales & Operations
Payments - Brazil – Payments /
In the street, at work, by Taxi or Pop, as a driver or passenger, we are the starting point for thousands of people every day and we also want to be part of their professional path. 99's mission is to revolutionize urban mobility and transform the lives of people. We are a Brazilian startup founded in 2012 and five years later became the first Brazilian unicorn (startups that are valued at one billion dollars). Now, 99 is part of Didi Chuxing, the world's largest application-driven transport platform.
Diversity goes beyond ethnic, physical, sexual, sensory and gender differences! Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive environment by focusing on high performance and valuing diversity in our work environment. We respect and value the differences!Come and be part of a diverse environment where your ideas and opinions will always be heard. Inclusion and diversity are in our recruitment principles.
This position is open to application for people with disabilities (PCD)
About the job
The Business Development area is responsible for the commercial and partnership strategy of 99Pay’s client. Based on data, on the behavior and performance of our partners, the area will develop projects of great impact, finding the best businesses deals and engagement strategy to our last mile customers. Together with Operations, Customer Experience, Marketing, Product and other cross-areas teams, will create the best experience and support.
The manager will lead partnership sales team, performance marketing and business plans constructions, focus on creating new businesses and new products for 99Pay Marketplace and help growthing for partnerships ecosystem.
BizDev Manager (BDM) need to have e-commerce management & operations skills, B2B and B2C sales & operations experience. Will be demanded for analyzing the commercial funnel and sales performance data results, cascading the best actions aimed on business and e-commerce performance and keeping partners active and engaged on the platform."
- Responsible for sales and operations of ecommerce / marketplace platform, leading sales performance and key account partnerships.
- Energy and enthusiasm is the core mindset for this position, hunting and farmer partners your everyday task, as well as, prospect and generate leads for large and SMB accounts.
- Will work cross-functionally across 99 teams, including Marketing, Operations, CX and Product Management seeking to build relevant solutions and offers to increase partnerships ecosystem.
- BDM’s also has always stay tuned to provide the highest level of customer service to our drivers and riders who deal with the partnerships products and services, ensuring they have access to the latest enablement tools and sales assets.
- -Managing vendors and partners service level is one of the most important tasks, as well as, review the customer journeys and enhance customer experience and engagement;
- - Promoting products, adding new customer acquisitions, design projects proof of concepts and build a monitoring/measurement engine for BizDev marketplace platform;
- - Increase sales and platform traffic performance;
- - Design the post-sales partner’s journey and offer great experience and support for 99pay partners and last mile customers;
- - Define objectives and KPIs for the area and implement reporting;
- - Turn sales data into actionable product, support and operational improvements;
- - Drive continuous efforts to improve support infrastructure and processes;
- - Lead strategic projects for BizDev cross countries
- This position reports directly to the Business Development Senior Manager. You will maintain day-to-day contact with your assigned Partners and collaborate closely within Payments Product Team in US and China.
Main daily activities for this position are:
The successful applicant
- Strong experience in Strategic Sales roles;
- Strong experience in E-commerce platform and Marketplace operations;
- Self-motivated with a strong affinity for strategic problem solving, driving action, and strong project ownership;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Be flexible and adaptable in regard to schedules, based on business needs within the Latin American and US time-zones.
- BDMs will cold call into provided lists, as well as conduct warm/hot calls with provided leads/tools that are generated through a number of our marketing tactics and platforms.
- Must be customer-focused and possess the ability to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex problems;
- Acting as an owner or subject-matter expert for certain procedures and seek ways to improve said procedures over time;
- Ability to lead individuals in creating and executing the best solutions for the business, partners and consumers;
- Ability to learn, attention to detail, empathy for the client and colleagues, high values and impeccable ethics;
- Advanced Knowledge in MS Excel. SQL knowledge is a plus, but willingness to learn it is required;
- Familiarity with Salesforce is important, and knowledge in telemarketing/tele sales platforms is a plus.
- Advanced English level and Spanish is a Plus
- Experience with e-commerce and marketplace platforms
- Experienced professional in customer and vendor C-level interactions
- Capable to handle direct-to-costumer (D2C) end-to-end environment.
- Experience with processes in a call center sales/marketing environment with direct connection to sales and sales outcomes required.
- 3+ years of sales experience in the Technology Industry.
- 3+ year of management experience.