Safety Software Engineer
Safety Operations – Safety /
In the street, at work, by Taxi or Pop, as a driver or passenger, we are the starting point for thousands of people every day and we also want to be part of their professional path. 99's mission is to revolutionize urban mobility and transform the lives of people. We are a Brazilian startup founded in 2012 and five years later became the first Brazilian unicorn (startups that are valued at one billion dollars). Now, 99 is part of Didi Chuxing, the world's largest application-driven transport platform.
Diversity goes beyond ethnic, physical, sexual, sensory and gender differences! Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive environment by focusing on high performance and valuing diversity in our work environment. We respect and value the differences!Come and be part of a diverse environment where your ideas and opinions will always be heard. Inclusion and diversity are in our recruitment principles.
This position is open to application for people with disabilities (PCD)
About the job
Safety of the people who use our products and security of their data is our highest priority. The Security Engineering team is entrusted to develop safety-enhancing products for our drivers/riders, and develop innovative software that protects everything from the smallest footprint device to a globally distributed cloud infrastructure.
With petabytes of data, millions of daily transactions, a wide variety of devices, and cutting-edge technologies in hand, we’re solving extremely challenging security problems. We’re looking for talented engineers and researchers to utilize cutting-edge technologies to solve these challenges and grow with our amazing team.
- Responsible for building world-class safety products that protect our drivers and customers.
- Management of individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in a fast-paced development environment.
- Collaboration with partner teams in different time zones to effectively define product requirements.
- A keen ability to engage and drive solutions for the new problems across the full-stack.
The successful applicant
- Work experience in server Software Development, in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Spring, Golang, PHP or Python.
- M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Solid programming skills in Java
- Experience and solid understanding of microservices architecture
- Spring framework knowledge is preferred.
- Previous experience in safety or risk is a plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop is a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven environment