Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
San Francisco, CA /
As a Senior Software Engineer at DigiSURE you will be a core member of our engineering team and responsible for leading the development of software to power insurance for the new on-demand economy. You will work closely with the product, solutions and customer success teams on our insurance platform ship completely new solutions to a centuries old problem.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own technical vision and architecture for core parts of our insurance platform.
- Lead your team to shape a strong engineering culture and deliver critical cross-functional projects that have significant impact on our business.
- Scale us to millions of transactions, with hundreds of partners across the world, in a safe, secure manner.
- Develop full stack technical standards and procedures for the company.
- Work with our product team to develop and execute our roadmaps.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field.
- 8+ years experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Solid programming skills in Node/JS, Ruby, Python or similar dynamic language.
- Deep experience with SQL/noSQL databases, e.g. PostgreSQL or MongoDB.
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are under-specified.
- 2+ years of experience in building, mentoring and managing teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write detailed technical documents.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with large-scale insurance or financial platforms
DigiSURE is an early-stage startup reimagining the way insurance is packaged, priced and serviced as an essential part of the modern, on-demand world we live in today. We believe a global community that shares is better for the environment, the economy and society as a whole, yet doing this safely requires an insurance platform that deeply understands the needs of these new marketplaces.
We welcome people from all backgrounds with a passion to revolutionize insurance.