Head of Engineering
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
At DigitalBrain we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. DigitalBrain is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving?
High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. DigitalBrain creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
Why are we solving this problem?
By increasing handle time efficiency, we are improving the daily lives for both internal teams and external customers. Teams are more productive and happy in their day to day - customers are more satisfied. Truly a win-win.
Why are we different?
DigitalBrain easily turns complex, multi-touchpoint processes into one click resolutions, with no internal support required. Compared to other workflow optimization technology partners, DigitalBrain provides customized, white-glove solutions that do not require any internal experts and/or technical support in order to deploy solutions within weeks.
Join us for the revolution:
We have years of runway to grow and support you on your journey. Founded in 2020, DigitalBrain has raised $20M in funding, most recently in an unannounced Series A round in February 2022. We are backed by the best top tier funds and the leading CEOs of public companies.
We're looking for customer and product-obsessed entrepreneurs who want to work with a dynamic fast-moving team and build the roadmap for the DigitalBrain rocket ship. If this is you, we are super excited to meet you and learn more.
What you will do:
- Create & execute software and data engineering strategy and architecture
- Balance project delivery requirements amidst operational challenges. Deliver results with an agile approach.
- Partner with cross functional team members to deeply understand pain points for customers and translate them into clear and robust engineering solutions
- Advise on both technical and product roadmaps, ensuring that the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Hire & develop a world class and diverse team of product and solutions engineers
- Mentor and provide regular feedback to engineers in design, architecture, development, quality, and career development
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our engineering teams
- Empower a team of highly productive engineers to make decisions and execute
Who we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience and ideally you've worked with React, Typescript, and Postgres.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- Experience with aspects of defining integration strategy, delivery, and discussions with customers
- Demonstrated leadership and influence skills including ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional management without formal reporting relationship
- An entrepreneur: you’re excited about building something new and unlocking unexpected and exponential value for customers.
- Product and customer obsessed: you’re passionate about creating incredible experiences that delight customers.
- Problem solver: You excel at understanding and solving intricate problems. You have astonishing attention to detail.
- Collaborative team member: You can easily and readily communicate cross-functionally, with non-technical teams.
- Leadership: You want to help shape the culture of the company and help us to build and scale a best-in-class team.
Benefits at DigitalBrain:
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 5 months parental leave (plus PT re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Learning and Development stipend
- Stipends for mental and physical fitness
- 100% coverage of workstation set-up, laptop included
DigitalBrain will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.