Business Operations Associate
San Francisco, CA /
At Luminai we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving?
High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
Why are we solving this problem?
By increasing handle time efficiency, we are improving the daily lives for both internal teams and customers. Teams are more productive and happy in their day to day - customers are more satisfied. Truly a win-win.
Why are we different?
Luminai easily turns complex, multi-touchpoint processes into one click resolutions, with no internal support required. Compared to other workflow optimization technology partners, Luminai provides customized, white-glove solutions that do not require any internal experts and/or technical support in order to deploy solutions within weeks.
Join us for the revolution:
We have years of runway to grow and support you on your journey. Founded in 2020, Luminai has raised $20M in funding, most recently in an unannounced Series A round in February 2022. We are backed by the best top tier funds and the leading CEOs of public companies.
We're looking for customer and product-obsessed entrepreneurs who want to work with a dynamic fast-moving team and build the roadmap for the Luminai rocket ship. If this is you, we are super excited to meet you and learn more.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside the CEO and Chief of Staff by being a flex player across all areas of the organization
- Lead and manage key initiatives and projects
- Identify issues across the organization and create initiatives / inputs to solve them
- Keep a pulse across all facets of the business, transfer knowledge and ensure information moves fluidly across the organization
- Research, synthesize, and deploy new initiatives of varying scale, from one-day operational changes to months-long market expansion roadmaps.
- Implement new processes, systems, and programs to manage the rhythm of the business with rigor and help scale the company.
- Work on special projects across the org and help to grow and scale the company effectively (e.g., setting up and tracking key financial metrics as we grow, building v1.0 of different functional roles like product marketing before hiring a specialist)
- Business Operations - Help to bring efficiencies the org, implement new processes, support KPIs, Board Decks, etc.
Who we're looking for:
- 3-5+ years of total experience in (i) start-up and high growth businesses and (ii) consulting, investment banking, VC
- You have strong quantitative skills and love working in data. You are fluent in excel/Looker/Tableau. Pivot tables are easy
- You are an operator with a bias for action. You are excited to get your hands dirty and have demonstrated measurable results
- You love to break down a complex problem to create order out of chaos; you are comfortable in unstructured environments
- You are a great storyteller; whether writing content/copy, creating a deck, or outlining a problem in a memo, you can use different media to paint an effective picture and rally teams around your vision
- You are low-ego and high-empathy; you consistently work well with a wide range of people and build trust quickly
- You have experience working directly with senior leaders; you are motivated by high-touch collaboration and feedback
- You have experience using qualitative inputs and quantitative data to drive decision-making
- You are intellectually curious, not afraid to ask questions and have a desire to go deep on various parts of the business
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You have an incredibly high capacity: you’re ready to rapidly climb a steep learning curve and take on as much responsibility as fast as you can handle.
- You are accelerating your learning curve: you want to grow rapidly into a leadership role.
- Takes ownership: you can take broadly defined objectives, create your own plan, and run it as far forward as possible, checking in where needed.
- Extremely organized and process driven: you’re good at staying on top of multiple threads, and creating and iterating on processes to make them better.
- Coachable and collaborative: you work best with others, and thrive on giving and taking feedback.
Benefits & Perks at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 5 months primary caregiver parental leave (plus part-time re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Learning and Development stipend
- Stipends for mental and physical fitness
- Coverage of workstation set-up, laptop included
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.