Head of Customer Success
San Francisco, CA or Remote /
At Luminai we're working hard on helping people spend less time on repetitive monotonous tasks that a computer could do, and instead let them focus on things that matter. Luminai is revolutionizing the way in which operational teams get work done, by developing and deploying more efficient ways to complete activities. You'll be working on cutting edge software with a team of people who are very supportive and collaborative, and care a lot about details.
What problem are we solving?
High growth, fast-paced organizations are constantly and continuously deploying new products, solutions and features - which in turn creates new and complex processes for downstream teams including customer support. These teams become stressed, stretched too thin, and less efficient. Common problems, as simple as performing a refund, often require multi-platform touch points for team members which is frequently solved manually in a very repetitive manner. Luminai creates unparalleled efficiencies in how resolutions are achieved by serving as an enterprise OS connecting multiple platforms that people use, which significantly improves team member happiness and end customer experience.
Why are we solving this problem?
By increasing handle time efficiency, we are improving the daily lives for both internal teams and customers. Teams are more productive and happy in their day to day - customers are more satisfied. Truly a win-win.
Why are we different?
Luminai easily turns complex, multi-touchpoint processes into one click resolutions, with no internal support required. Compared to other workflow optimization technology partners, Luminai provides customized, white-glove solutions that do not require any internal experts and/or technical support in order to deploy solutions within weeks.
Join us for the revolution:
We have years of runway to grow and support you on your journey. Founded in 2020, Luminai has raised $20M in funding, most recently in a Series A round in February 2022. We are backed by the best top-tier funds and the leading CEOs of public companies. You can view our list of investors and funding round here.
We're looking for customer and product-obsessed entrepreneurs who want to work with a dynamic fast-moving team and build the roadmap for the Luminai rocket ship. If this is you, we are super excited to meet you and learn more.
What you will do:
- Luminai’s customer success team supports our customers as they transition from sales prospects to active users of our product.
- Our Customer Success team will focus on building close, long-term customer relationships and managing a book of business as our customer count increases.
- As the first leader of the Customer Success function, you’ll play a foundational role in building Luminai’s operations strategy and fostering our trust based customer relationships. You are expected to have a deep understanding of the product, customer accounts, and metrics of success. Our CS team is expected to meet their metrics while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Luminai solution offerings;
- Work incredibly cross-functionally to build and execute on best-in-class CS strategies;
- Be the voice of our customer and advocate for requirements and needs that will significantly improve our onboarding and implementation processes, as well as improvements that will have a significant impact on nurturing long-term partnerships;
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers throughout the entire customer journey;
- Help to define, develop, and continue to iterate on the highest priority and greatest impact KPIs (quantitative and qualitative) that will drive customer retention and expansion opportunities;
- Establish, handle, and manage relationships between Luminai and all organizational levels (senior to junior) at our customer companies;
- Optimize the hand-off process between Sales and CS for a seamless customer experience;
- Coordinate and actively participate in contract negotiations during renewals and expansion opportunities;
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in figuring out win-based proposals and pricing as customers have questions.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
Who we're looking for:
- Deep user empathy and are able to build trusted relationships with key customers.
- Experience in building and scaling CS functions from ground level up.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Results-oriented player-coach that can execute on ground-level operations and support team members as needed, but also rise to a higher viewpoint in order to drive the highest impact strategic decisions and actions.
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it done personality.
- An entrepreneur: you’re excited about building something new and unlocking unexpected and exponential value for customers.
Benefits at Luminai:
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Financial planning support (401K, HSA, DSA)
- 5 months parental leave (plus PT re-entry and non-concurrent leave opportunities)
- Learning and Development stipend
- Stipends for mental and physical fitness
- 100% coverage of workstation set-up, laptop included
Luminai will always value and strive for diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.